Hi! I am currently a fourth-year PhD candidate @ Nanyang Technological University (NTU) Singapore. My research interests are mainly in the areas of Deep Learning and Natural Language Processing. I am interested in designing efficient and effective neural models for language understanding.
I mainly work on applications involving natural language understanding, question answering and information retrieval. Previously, I was affiliated with the Baidu-I2R Centre at the Institute for Infocomm Research as an A*Star scholar.
Update: I have defended my PhD thesis and will join Google as a Research Scientist @ Mountain View in November.
- 10.10.19 - Paper with Lucas accepted to WSDM 2020!
- 11.09.19 - Successfully passed my oral defense!
- 04.09.19 - 2 papers accepted to NeurIPS 2019.
- 13.08.19 - Paper with Jinfeng accepted to EMNLP 2019.
- 07.08.19 - Invited to serve as Program Committee of AAAI 2020.
- 31.07.19 - Invited to serve as Program Committee of WSDM 2020.
- 26.07.19 - Invited to serve as PC/Reviewer of ICLR 2020.
- 30.06.19 - Tensor2Tensor implementation of Quaternion Transformers is released on Github.
- 21.06.19 - Awarded ACL scholarship. See you in Florence.
- 10.06.19 - Submitted my PhD thesis!
- 16.05.19 - Serving as program committee for EMNLP 2019.
- 14.05.19 - 4 papers (3 Long, 1 Short) accepted to ACL 2019!
- 10.05.19 - Quaternion Collaborative Filtering accepted to IJCAI 2019. Joint work with Shuai and Aston.
- 25.04.19 - New preprint on Quaternion Knowledge Graph embeddings on arxiv. Joint work with Shuai and Qi Liu.
- 14.04.19 - Paper with Lucas accepted to SIGIR 2019.
- 02.03.19 - Invited to serve as program committee (reviewer) for NeurIPS 2019.
- 07.02.19 - Invited to serve as program committee for ACL 2019 and *Sem 2019.
- 04.12.18 - Presented two papers at NeurIPS in Montreal!
- 16.11.18 - Serving as program committee of NAACL 2019.
- 01.11.18 - One paper with Shuai accepted to AAAI 2019.
- 31.10.18 - Attended EMNLP 2018 in Brussels.
- 11.10.18 - Survey on Deep Recommender Systems with Shuai accepted to ACM Computing Surveys.
- 10.10.18 - Received best reviewer award for EMNLP 2018.
- 05.09.18 - 2 Papers accepted to NeurIPS 2018!
- 10.08.18 - 4 full papers accepted to EMNLP 2018.